Public and Products Liability
Tree Surgery Public and Products liability insurance covers your legal liability to Third Parties (i.e. non-employees) for either injury or damage to property as a result of negligence arising out of work done or goods supplied in connection with your business.
This cover extends to include:
- £10,000 death benefit for directors, partners and principals
- DAS Legal Expenses
- No height limits
- Wrongful tree removal
- Advice where no fee is normally charged
- Manslaughter legal costs and expenses
- Associated trades subject to approval
Our standard limits of indemnity range between £2m and £10m, with higher limits available on request.
Tree Surgeons have a legal requirement to hold Employers’ Liability insurance if they employ anyone or engage labour only sub-contractors or self-employed persons. Our policy defines an employee as follows:
- Any person under a contract of service or apprenticeship with the Insured
- Any person who is hired to or borrowed by the Insured
- Any person engaged in connection with a work experience or training scheme
- Any master or person supplied by him
- Any person engaged by labour only sub-contractors
- Any self-employed person working on a labour only basis under the control or supervision of the Insured
- Any voluntary helper
The standard limit of indemnity for this section is £10m, but increased limits are available on request.